So many reasons!!
* Perhaps you have a special subject matter and colors in mind
* As the perfect gift for someone special
* To fit an exact space
* You don't quite see exactly what you have in mind in my current shop offerings
* To get exactly what you want within your budget!
I am happy to create custom pieces for you or a special recipient!
Contact me with the following information and I can provide a quote and confirm current turn around:
* size of piece
* preferred due date
* subject matter (if you have a photo, please include)
* colors - which can differ from what is seen in reference image
* most of my ready made pieces are created on paper, however, custom art can be created on canvas, wood panel or paper. Please let me know your preference.
* budget- this way I can offer a few suggestions in case you are unsure of size, etc.
Process: Once payment is received, please send me an email with a reference photo (or photos) and any information about the art, other information you want to share, and any specific deadline - which I will do my best to meet (noting that custom art can take 2-8 weeks per my prior schedule as well as the availability of certain canvas sizes). Note that I will send an email with the image and confirm the shipping date prior to mailing the finished art out. I try to stay true to the essence of the photographs, though it may be slightly different, as my artist interpretation. As they are custom pieces, commissions are final sale.
Pricing: My pricing is calculated based on size. Custom art is about 30% more than the price of ready made pieces. Art up to 30x30" is paid up front, and larger art requires a 30% non-refundable down payment (to cover materials and starting costs) at the beginning, and the rest paid upon completion of the piece. After final payment is received, your art is mailed or ready for local delivery or pick-up.
Turnaround: 2-6 weeks, depending on the size of the art, or as discussed at time of purchase.
Please email me if you have any questions about custom art. This is a fun process where you or the recipient gets a unique art that is specially created for you or them. Thank you and I look forward to working together!